Drawing the butterfly

I decided that to add motion to the original scenery, I am going to have some butterflies flying around the trees. Then when the scenery turns dark they will go red, and disappear.

I started by looking into butterflies, I chose for the butterfly that I am using is going to be a blue morpho, this is because they are very distinctive and look surreal which is the effect I want to have in the sunny scenery.

I began by drawing a general shape of a blue morpho, I did this using the symmetry tool. I then coloured it by looking at a reference image.






I then wanted to create a dark version that I would switch for the dark version, when the person runs past. I did this by duplicating the butterfly, then changing the hue and saturation to make it red.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes 30/01/2020

Final storyline

Final edits