Drawing the butterfly

I decided that to add motion to the original scenery, I am going to have some butterflies flying around the trees. Then when the scenery turns dark they will go red, and disappear.

I started by looking into butterflies, I chose for the butterfly that I am using is going to be a blue morpho, this is because they are very distinctive and look surreal which is the effect I want to have in the sunny scenery.

I began by drawing a general shape of a blue morpho, I did this using the symmetry tool. I then coloured it by looking at a reference image.






I then wanted to create a dark version that I would switch for the dark version, when the person runs past. I did this by duplicating the butterfly, then changing the hue and saturation to make it red.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animating the frame by frame drawings

Final conclusion

Basic CSS class